Please note: This class is designed, developed, and owned by a Witz Education Trainer and is not authorized or sponsored by Apple Inc.
Schools are always looking to be on the cutting edge of technology to be able to best prepare their students. Unfortunately, often educators are not fully trained on how to use the technology or integrate it into their classes. The iPad is a relatively easy technology to use and many students have one of their own. This course assumes participants understand how to use the iPad and focuses on how to use it in a learning/coaching environment. This training goes beyond simply learning to use the iPad and it’s apps, it has a focus on instruction on how to integrate the iPad into curriculum and create lesson plans.
To ensure we address the unique needs of the different educators, a pre-course survey will be sent to participants upon registration.
Who Should Attend?
This course is created anyone who wants to integrate an iPad and apps into their curriculum. This includes, but is certainly not limited to:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Behavioral Therapists
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Basic knowledge of the iPad equivalent to iPad Fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of the iWork/iLife apps equivalent to iPad Productivity.
Using Apps, Digital Content, and Social Media in Education
- Review of top apps in education and how to find them
- What makes a good app? How to evaluate apps
- Review and discussion of the classification of apps and other digital content
- Popular games and how they can be used to support education
Integrating Mobility into Dynamic Lesson Plans
- Discussion on the different uses of iPad in the classroom
- Demonstration of content to support math, science, and language curriculum
- How to transform existing lesson plans based on the model of digital transformation
- Scale transformation to suite personal teaching styles, student learning styles, and content areas